Friday 24 January 2014

Limited Edition Review

Today brought a brand new collection of Limited Edition. Probably one of the most anticipated yet.

As soon as the first spoiler was released, hundreds fled to Underneath Stardoll to wait for the collection.
The popular blog reached just under 700 online visitors at it's peak and for a short time it went down because so many people were online.
The Disqus comments were buzzing and people were going mad waiting.

It took around 6 hours after the last spoiler Stardoll posted to get the spoilers for the collection.
And when they arrived, there were mixed feelings.
Many, including myself, loved the collection and couldn't wait for Stardoll to release it.
Others were disappointed and annoyed they had waited so long.
And after that, it didn't take long for the latest collection of Limited Edition to grace Starplaza.
For a while the store itself still said 'Coming Soon' but the items were available to buy and they were going quick.

So, let's get onto the review.

Some pieces were inspired by the Atelier Versace Fall 2013 couture collection, including the Swiss Dots Dress that was shown on a spoiler, but we're unsure what inspired the other items.
Many of the pieces were quite casual, while others had more of a dressy feel to them.
What appear to be the main colours of the collection were blue and pink and I honestly think it worked quite well.
This collection definitely beats the previous one, which wasn't really up to standard, and I hope Stardoll can keep up the good work.

I only bought three items the 'LE Crotchet Jeans', 'Lily Stars Scarf' and the 'LE Black Carryall Tote'.
These are all items that, upon seeing the spoilers, I knew I wanted.

The jeans are an obvious choice. They're quite simple but the 'crotchet' bit adds a nice touch.

I chose the scarf because I am a massive scarf lover. This one was probably better than it's fuchsia sister as I think it's more toned down. I'm more likely to wear lilac in an outfit than a brighter colour.

I loved the bag as soon as I saw it, I love how you can see it has stuff in it. In a similar scenario as the scarf, I chose the black version as I wasn't keen on the blue one and it is, of course, easier to style a black bag.

I was lucky enough to get my items within 5 minutes of them being released, if I hadn't, I doubt I would've been able to get them.

What are your opinions on the collection? Love it? Hate it?

No comments:

Post a Comment